November 5, 2013

In the event of a crash...Important car seat information

I spotted a Facebook post which I thought was very important to pass on to parents.  Lauren Becker an Emergency Service Volunteer  has graciously allowed me to quote her on such an important safety topic.  One that I had never thought to do.  Thank you Lauren.

"I work in emergency services both at volunteer firehouse and in EMS and this is very important, I post it every few months to remind people to both do it and update it.

Too frequently firefighters come upon a car wreck where the mom is unconscious and there are children in the car who are too young to speak or communicate anything useful to the rescue team.

ADVICE: Place a sticker on each child'...s car seat providing information that can help rescuers.

Include: child's name & DOB, parent's names, DOB & phone, emergency contact info, child's doctor, any medical issues and any medications.

Please update this information as needed as well."

 

1 comment: